Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Stompy!


Meet Stompy, a cute little kitten with a slightly jacked up eye, It was adopted by a cool guy named Ben and his family. They don't know exactly why Stompy has a permament squint, and they love him anyway. I took that squint and just closed it right up with a bit of thread. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

When I was done, I started to make it in to a book, to keep the painting safe while it travels through the mail, and because I think it's pretty damn cool too.
Here's the cover:

It's a simple cover. Ben said that Stompy torments their other cat Jeffrey ... so I made a poem (of sorts) about that on the inside.

In case you can't read it, the poem goes:

Stompy looks very cute
But believe me, it's a lie.
Get to close or scratch his head
You will surely die!

Stompy kills everything
Even other cats.
Ever since he & Jeffrey
Had a little spat.

Now Stompy is on the hunt
Jeffrey is in hiding.
He knows if he is ever found
There will be no surviving.

It's cheesy ... but it's what I do. :P

And lastely ... the back of the book.

Post a Comment